Monday, September 13, 2010

The new bestie.

I figure that since he's been in my life for quite a while now, it's time to introduce you to my new best friend. He goes wherever I go. He tells me what's going on inside of me, when my glucose levels are low, and when I should eat. He is also the most expensive friend I've ever had. Here he is:
And here is his best friend. The Poker.
Yep. I have to use that bad boy on an eight. I seriously think something is wrong with me.. I normally prick my fingers on and eight or nine, but I never get any blood. It's so weird! I have to sit and squeeze my finger for about a billion years to get barely even enough to test.

And, I decided to splurge. I bought the colored lancets. I know, right? Look at me go.
Now here's where the expensive part comes into play. These little guys are gonna make me go broke. For 25 of those bad boys, it costs 31 bones. Not cheap.

Welp. Glad you were able to meet my new best friend. (: He needs a name, though. Any suggestions?


6 comments:

Rachel Wade Child said...

What is this! Why do you prick your blood! ah. Alex, what's wrong?!

Berkley Anne Sumner said...

Diabetes? :/

Alexis said...

hypoglycemia. (: no worries. I just have to keep it in check so it doesn't turn into diabetes.

Alexis said...

haha! also. Know what I just noticed? If you zoom in on that last picture, you can see the holes in my index finger.. grossie.

Michelle said...

I love you.
Only you could find so much amusement in these.
I love it.
It made my day.
You're awesome! :]

Alexis said...

haha! Thanks Michelle. (:
I figure if I have to deal with it on a daily basis, I might as well look at it in the most positive way I can!