Tuesday, July 27, 2010

and so the day of birth of Alexis Kathryn commences.

Yep.
You hath readeth that right.
Those were the first words out of my mouth at 12:01 Sunday morning.
Yesterday the birthday was celebrated with much family and a few of the close friends.
'Twas swell.
I started the day off with a breakfast cooked by my father. It was quite delicious. And then I was given this gift:
When my mom wrapped..slash bagged.. the shirt that rested inside of this brightly colored package, she read the word "happy" and assumed it was followed by birthday. She was wrong. But I soon forgave her, for I didn't mind being given an Easter bag on my birthday. I quite like Easter. But that's beside the point. 

After breakfast I got ready and went to church. And then from church I went to my sister-in-law's house to drive to my niece's birthday party! Yes. We have the same birthday. She's a doll. She turned one. I didn't have my camera, but I wish you all could have seen her adorable cake that her mom made. It was shaped like a cupcake! Pink and green. So stinkin' cute.

After that, I made my way home and found these beauties:
The helium was later extracted from them via breathing it in and speaking in ridiculous voices. ha! It was great.
They were tied to my bottle of real water.
And then I discovered my cake!
Then the fam and friends started arriving..
And we sang a little song. That goes to the tune of happy birthday to you. And then I blew out the candles on the ze' cake.
And here is my little birthday sharer, London Paige.
Isn't she adorable?
She liked this balloon. A lot.
Frosting mustaches and eyebrows were partaken of.

Bets were taken.
Tops on Comps. {rhyme!} 
Heck. Even Batman made an appearance. 
I really don't think I could have had a better birthday. 
It was quite solid (:

4 comments:

abbey rose. said...

this looks like the best birthday ever! i love you big al hos in da hood aka alex hoskins! hahahah:)

Mary Dawn said...

hahahahaha. love the post that i've been waiting for for like twelve hours. and hey! i forgot to tell you. i was born on easter! and. london IS adorable. and.. i love you and am glad your birthday was enjoyable.

Unknown said...

okay. i'm going to cry. you are GORGEOUS! and i am extremely sad that i missed partaking of this party. i can't wait to see you tomorrow!!! i loff you!

Unknown said...

p.s. i was also awaiting this post. very much so. you don't post as much as you used to....which means i can't stalk you as much as i used to....