Sunday, October 31, 2010

Peacock

[pee-kok]-noun1.      the male of the peafowl distinguished by its long, greenish, iridescent tail coverts that are brilliantly marked with ocellated spots and that can be spread in a fan.2.     any peafow3.      Maddi, Melissa, and Alex.
Halloween is a peachy holiday. You get to dress up as whatever your heart desires. For us, that desire was a peacock. Pretty great, right? We started the night out with our hair and makeup.
{with some light painting in between}
{cheesy smile.}

My bangs have a life of their own at times..

And then we finally left!
hah! 
"Peacocks always drive at 10 and 2."
"Officer.. It's incredibly hard to drive when your'e a peacock."
Her hair was touching the ceiling.


Anyway. After our exciting time of getting ready and our uneventful drive, we made it to Staheli Farm. That's where the dance was. It smelled like sweaty armpits, manure, and hay.. it was an interesting combination. And even though I had braced myself for the nasty people that would be doing their own thing on the dance floor, I was still shocked. Pretty much everyone is 100% disgusting. I do appreciate the few girls who dressed appropriately. I saw two girls dressed up as a pair of dice. I laughed. And a few wearing lab coats, and random stuff like that. I also appreciate the boys who wear clothes, not loin cloths. I swear almost every guy I saw was shirtless and wearing the shortest pair of shorts possible. And literally, loin cloths. *sigh* My hope for decent people hasn't improved since the last dance I went to. If anything, it's probably worsened. But. We still mobbed up the dance floor and did our own thing. And then we were thirsty, so we made our way to the back of the.. uh.. barn to find some water. But all we found was luke warm chocolate milk. Needless to say, it didn't quench our thirst. We then made our way back up to the front. Which was where some guy came up behind me.. and. ew. Yeah. I felt like crying. Maddi pushed him away, and thankfully he left. Gah! Seriously, people are super gross. But, it was a lot of fun. Melissa drugged me with excedrin before we left because I was dead tired from work. I worked 9:30 to 6:00. It was the booseum, and we had about 300 people come in. It was busy. It was a pretty solid Halloween, though. I had fun. We danced around in our peacock costumes and had a grand time. Melissa's dance moves are definitely the greatest. And Seth Hayne's rendition of the "single ladies" dance had me cracking up. haha! He's a funny kid. I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween. And wore clothing that covered more than what is required by law (:

love you all.






3 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

i take credit for the idea, thank you very much. also. each of you are sooo beautiful and i love you very much. i enjoyed the video and maddi's noise. bahaha. miss you!

Alexis said...

I know. Credit does go to you. I should have put that. forgive me, please. (: Thanks, though. You're a peach.

Anonymous said...

best. post. ever. haaaaa! just because it was a grand night! i love you al! thanks for being my pea. and maddi, thanks for being the.......