Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I feel so posh right now.

And now I shall continue on with the promised blog post of this past weekend. Get ready. It was crazy.

Friday: Our two beautiful friends Rachel and Berkley were down to run the marathon {you can click on their names to see their blogs about that adventure}. We planned to meet up with them that morning for breakfast! So Melissa and I ventured over to The Egg and I, and had some much missed time with those two.
 Those were their we can't believe we're running a marathon tomorrow faces. Those two are crazy. But I'm so incredibly proud of them and all their hard work! I love them. And miss them.

Anywho. After breakfast, we went home to finish packing, and then hit the road. 

We drove up to Cedar and spent a few hours with with Cody, Sam, Rob, and Tyler. It was a lot of fun. We met their roommates. Heard their stories of college and how Robby exposed himself to the entire apartment complex. Saw their dew collection. Listened to Sam play his guitar and watch him balance his 5 billion bags. Cody clipped his nails. Robby made chili. Cody ate some chips and salsa. You know. Just the usual things you would expect from those boys.
We then continued on our way to Provo. And we saw this gorgeous sunset:
I don't know why, but that's all the pictures I took that day. But once we got to Provo we went to Zuppas with Mary. And then found Michelle. Then Michelle, Melissa, and I went to some intramural flag football thing. Then we drove over to Mike Shepard's apartment and saw him, Kiana Calkins, and Chad. And Mike's crazy roommate Michael. After that we went back to Helaman, and just hung out for the rest of the night. I can't exactly remember. My brain was so tired that it's all just kind of a blur. And now, on to..

Saturday: We slept in. It was glorious. We woke up at... 9:30 I think. The plan was to go do some shopping, and then attempt to watch the last bit of conference. So we arose and went to shower. We got into the bathroom, and Melissa had forgotten something in the room. {Oh. I forgot- we were staying in Alex Halladay's dorm. Both she and her roommate were out of town, so they left us a key.} Anyway, Melissa goes back out to the room. When she comes back into the bathroom, she goes "Al.. You're gonna die." So I turned off my water so I could hear her and asked her what happened. She then says "The magnet fell." The magnet is a trick Alex informed us of - you stick it in the door frame, and it keeps the door from latching shut so you don't have to take your key with you. The bad thing about not taking your key with you is when the magnet falls, you're locked out. Not such a problem when you live there. Major problem when you don't live there, and you're not really supposed to be there. So, long story short: With the help of Michelle and a billion phones calls to get ahold of Alex, we finally were able to get a key to get back into the room. So, after that whole ordeal, we finished getting ready and drove to the mall!

After a long while of shopping, Melissa dropped me off at Chad's apartment, and she went to curl Michelle's hair, and get ready with her and Mary. I met Chad's roommate Bret. Chit-chatted. Twas grand. When it was time for him to go to the priesthood session, Melissa came back to get me. I changed into my newly acquired boots and dress, and the four of us went to this cute little restaurant. Unfortunately I don't remember what it was called. Mary, help?
These were soooo good.
After dinner we walked around to the corner to this spiffy place called SP^RK {you can click on that if you don't believe me about how cool it was.} Essentially what it is, is a fake bar. That serves alcoholic beverages minus the alcohol. They play chill music, like John Mayer. And it makes you feel posh, according to Michelle.(: hah! But it really was so super cool. Here's some pictures of our fun time there:
I was in love with this wall.
And this chandelier.
And this candle.
Here were our drinks! Melissa and Michelle got Double Berry Martinis, Mary got a Pomegron, and I had a Bellini! They were all really good. Melissa got salt all around her rim. I was jealous. But it was really just sugar. Still jealous, though.
And we had a few desserts that were also quite delicious.
She's a neck-nuzzler:
So after dinner we went back to Taylor, and sat around for a few minutes. Brad showed up. That was fun.
Then we went over to j-hall. Where we hung out. And I was instructed to take a picture of this boy whose name I don't even know.

While we were all hanging out it was getting a bit much for my brain to handle. So I went over to Chad's for a little while and hung out with him, Mike, and Kiana. They were trying to avoid Mike's crazy roommate so they snuck out the back window. haha! Then Chad and I just talked for a bit. It was so good. I've missed him a lot. More than I realized, I think. And even though seeing him is making me miss him even more, it makes me happier. Because I know that he's doing well, and that I can still see and talk to him. That sounds silly. I did know that I could still see and talk to him, but this weekend made it seem more realistic. Made me realize that he's not gone. Does that make sense? Anyway. What it boils down to, is that I'm happy.

Then Melissa and Mary came to get me, and we returned to Taylor for a bit, then Melissa and I went back to "our" dorm, and fell asleep. Ah. It was much needed. I was exhausted. And then came...

Sunday: We were planning on waking up early to go say goodbye to Mary and Michelle. They were going up to conference with Brad and a few of their friends, and we weren't sure if we were going to get to see them again before we left. But, obviously, we slept past their departure time. So that never happened. But we woke up at 10:30 and watched conference. After that we got ready, and drove to West Jordan to visit Melissa's Aunt/Uncle/Cousins. We ate dinner/lunch... Linner with them and watched the second half of conference. After that we talked, and then drove to her brother and sister-in-law's new apartment. Stayed there for like 10 minutes, and then left for STG. 

While we were passing by BYU, the song LoveGame by the infamous GaGa came on. "I wanna kiss you. But if I do, then I might miss you babe." We looked at each other and both laughed at the irony. And oh, how true it is. And as I stared at the Y on the hill, my throat tightened up, and I had to choke back the tears of how much I'm missing you, and everyone else. I think I can handle it better this time. Even though a bit more confusion was created, a bit more was cleared up as well. I know I still have everyone in my life, and that I'll see them all again soon. Some within a week. It's just that goodbyes are always hard. So I try to remember them as "see-you-laters."

Anywho. Enough of my sappiness. Forgive me, please. We got home last night about 11:30. gah. I was so stinking tired. I slept like a baby. And then I was awoken around 4:30 by the most beautiful sounds of rain and thunder, paired with lightening. I know that everybody says they love the rain, but I really do. It makes me feel at peace, and so happy. 

And so, to make this happy feeling last, I'm wearing these awesome socks:
And eating this grand orange roll:
 I'm also listening to a new artist I just discovered. Her name is  Stacy Clark. My favorite song of the moment is called Touch and Go. Listen to it. I'm commanding you to.

As if all of this wasn't enough for my to be on a happy-high for a while, I discovered this:
 That's four days of pure bliss, right there. *sigh* I'm so content right now. If you've made it this far, I congratulate you. You probably deserve an award of some kind. I hope you're not bored. But thanks for reading about my amazing weekend. (: 
I hope life is treating you well. And if you're feeling down, connect with an old friend, or find something to make you happy, k?

Love you all.


3 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

i love it all. well i love most of it. some of it i don't love. and you know what i don't. hm. anyway. guru's is where we ate, ross is the boy :) and you best post those pictoras on fb before i JACK them. seriously. i miss you a ton already.

Anonymous said...

i heart this comment. seriously.

Alexis said...

Mary.. I don't think I know what you don't love. ha! And I'll get them up on fb soon.

Mel.. You heart what comment?