Saturday, June 26, 2010

a little bit of {EIGHTEEN} and a whole lot of California

So, I haven't had the chance to blog the last few
days. But, yesterday, June 25, my dear 
Melissa Lynn Willard turned eighteen!! 
woot! The day before she had a little family get
together and I was able to join, along with Cody,
Robby, and Scott, to celebrate the occasion. We 
had cake, cupcakes, and icecream. Along with salad 
and biscuits. She opened presents. And then we 
played some phase 10. And then we went home to 
sleep/attempt to pack for California.


So yesterday, we hopped in the car around 11:00 and left!
The drive was longish. But it went by quite 
quickly. A lot of sticklies were partaken of.. 
not very comfortable. We went to a carnival that 
night after dinner and whatnot. It was expensive, 
but overall pretty cool. We rode a ridevcalled 
xtreme. Trust me, extreme it was.
Really fun though. 

Today we woke up late.. but then we headed over to
Randon's apartment, where Cody and Scott are 
staying, and we made french toast! Oh baby. 
It was enough to kill us.
It wasn't thoroughly cooked.. And not
very good. The attempt of making it was given a
full effort, but it just didn't turn out..
So then we headed to the beach. And I can tell
you that none of us expected the cool weather
that we have received.. We all packed shorts and
short sleeve shirts. Not jackets. Those weren't
even considered a packing option. Nope. The beach
was overcast.. and quite chilly. There were giant
seagulls attacking Cody's backpack. And squirrels 
eating our cookies. Overall a pretty solid day.
Now we're back at Randon's apartment. Melissa,
Cody and Scott are in the other room watching a
movie. So I supposed I should go join them so they
don't think I'm ignoring them. ha! But I had to 
come into the living room for an internet connection.

Anywho. Cali is treating us well. Two more days! 
Wish us luck of returning with tan bodies!
Also, I'm sorry I didn't include pictures of all
these magnificent events. The internet is too slow
for me to take the time of doing that.. so. Bare 
with me. They'll be on facebook sometime next week.
And I'll possibly post a few on her. (: woot!
So. Here's to Melissa's eighteenth, California,
and the longest blog post I've ever created! {I think} (:



2 comments:

Rachel Wade Child said...

I am so jealous! I miss my friends! I like the new layout though, and I love reading your blog. Please keep updating! :)

Alexis said...

Oh thanks Rach! (: I love reading your blog too. And all of your college adventures. So you better continue updating yours too!