Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Book

About a year ago, I decided I was going to write a book. Obviously it was a random thought, since I only wrote one paragraph and then quit. It was odd, though. The few people I had showed it to asked if it was a "personal story." No, it wasn't. I wasn't heartbroken, and it wasn't a silent plea for help. I honestly don't know why I had written what I did. But I just came across it today, and after reading over it, I kind of feel like my subconscious was predicting the future. Ha! Ok, not really. Just lately I've been feeling what I had written about. I'm not meaning to come off as desperate or anything. And I'm not calling out for help. So, here's the to-have-been book that I had so desired to write. 
And then easily quit. (:

How do you fix a broken heart?
You can stitch the pieces back together and mend the torn edges, but in all reality, it will never be the same. There will always be the one piece that never fully healed, the tear in the seam, and the times where it somehow forgets to beat. The dull, aching pain that remains will always serve as a constant reminder of the one you lost. The fire that once raced through your veins is now replaced with sorrow and grief. You tell yourself you won't survive, but every morning you drag yourself from bed, put one foot in front of the other, and continue through your life.

And so, the question remains:
                 How do you fix a broken heart?
You can't.

5 comments:

the mrs. said...

this is GOOD. i like it alot.

Rachel Wade Child said...

I agree. Sigh. Maybe you can't ever truly fix it... but mend it little by litte until it's almost back to normal? At least that's what I try to do. haha

Alexis said...

Alexa: Thank you!

Rach: yeah. I agree. You mend it. And you just get used to the hurt. It grows to be a part of you, until you can't feel the difference. And then you have the days that it hurts just a little more than others. And you're reminded that it's still there. But alas, all shall be well (:

Berkley Anne Sumner said...

I like this a lot..that hits hard. Very good Alex

Alexis said...

Thanks Berk!