Wednesday, June 30, 2010

just another moment..

Let me start this out with a little warning:
     I promise you that I'm really not dumb.. 
  Ok. I'll admit I have my struggles, 
some of which are worse than others..
 This particular one though, wasn't really a bad one.
I think it was more of an everyday happening that makes me who I am. ha! Alright. Now that you've been warned, I'll share with you my story.

So this evening as I was taking out my contacts and putting them to bed in their home of white and teal, I noticed something that made me a little bit upset. The caps of my case {like most cases} are two different colors: white and teal. 
Simple, right? 
It helps you differentiate which contact goes into which little pod of wonderful solution that helps your eyeballs not turn into the Sahara. Now don't get ahead of yourself. This wasn't what had upset me. Nor was it the little 'R' that also helps me to see.. "ah! r = right. Right contact goes in here." Perfect! Honestly, the makers of this contact case couldn't have been any more considerate to all of the users of their product.
But here's the kicker:
     I was worried that they hadn't put brail onto the caps. How in the world were blind people supposed to know which eye went with which contact?

And then I realized why this was such a problem.
If somebody is blind..
   Why would they need contacts?
            To see.

Yep. Just another little Alex Moment.
   *sigh* someday, maybe. someday.

1 comment:

Josie Larson said...

haha tgb I laughed a lot when I read this.. Love you!