Tuesday, November 16, 2010

When I eat ice cream I cough.

Wow.
Let me tell you. This past weekend was one of the busiest, most hectic weekends I've had in a long time, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love my friends incredibly so. This weekend was long due, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. (: I'll break down the events that went down.
Wednesday:{ok.. It's not technically the weekend}
I was able to have some awkward bonding time with Brad before he left on his mission. At least I think it was wednesday.. I don't know. They're all blurring together. Anyway! After we went to Krave we went scootering in his church parking lot. The hall monitor got us. I'm 90% positive that he thought we had a posse hiding out in the rocks. He was slightly scary.
Thursday:{I know.. It's still not the weekend}
It was just a typical day. School. Work. The usual. Anyway! While I was at work, Captain texted me and told me she was hungry. I agreed. It was then decided that we were going to go to PF to get some breadsticks and pasta. When we finally got there they were closing, so they were unable to make us any food. But they did have 2 breadsticks! So we got those and returned to the car. We decided to go to Olive Garden because we were still starving. Oh gosh. hahaha. We're just too funny. Here's your visual: we both have our hair on top of our heads, wearing our matching council jackets and tennis sweats. We were blue head to toe. It was great. So we went to Olive Garden and ate straight from the salad bowl and shared a bowl of soup. We got some lovely looks from the couples passing by. Then we went and watched MegaMind. Hilarious. Go watch it. Solid date night.
Friday:
School {shool}. Work. Date night number 2. Pretty much all hopes and plans of eating healthy were completely murdered this weekend. When I got off of work I went to Wingers with Maddi and Melissa. Twas solid. We got literally the biggest booth in the entire restaurant. Maddi was downing her wings, and our waiter just said "it's always the skinny ones that surprise you." haha! Good stuff. After that Maddi and Melissa went to Mary's, and I had to go home to do a few things. When I finally made it to her house, they weren't there. We had been playing phone tag. It was ridiculous. Anyway. I discovered they were looking for the spotlights that were in the sky. I ruined their fun and told them they were in the Christensen's parking lot. Then they came and got me and Josh insisted on saying a prayer. Which didn't happen. ha! Then we went to Krave. That was enough sugar to allow it so I wont have to check my blood for about a year. Then we went to the dollar theater to watch Inception! Josh needs some whispering lessons. He also calls me the 'chosen one.' I thought it was a pretty solid name.
Saturday:
..was the busiest freaking day ever. I didn't work, but that didn't mean relaxation. ha! I didn't get to bed until about 2 Friday night. Woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning. I went and helped my mom at the Tuacahn Saturday Market for a few hours, where I saw this awesome cat named Twerp. He just sits on his shoulder. And he also has a yellow leash. So sweet.
Then I left to take pictures of my nephew's soccer team {go REal St. George!} Then I went and got Mary. We drove back out to Tuacahn to help my mom pick up. Then we met up with Brad and Michelle at 25 Main for lunch. We made our way back to Mary's house where I curled her hair, and then drove back to my house to take some pictures! {Did I mention I went through 1/2 a tank of gas in 3 days?}
She's so pretty.
After taking her pictures, we went to take pictures of a Sadies group! That was quite the .. experience. I'll get those up here later. (: After pictures, Scott and Mike came over to my house. Then Kyle got picked up for sadies. 
And then we drove to Cafe Rio to eat with Anjuli, Josh, and Josh's friends. Ok. Seriously. I ate out more times this weekend than what I normally do in an entire month. Quite possibly two months combined. No joke. Anyway. After dinner we went back to Mary's house, which is where we met up with Melissa, Jake Ras, Zach Polatis, Brad, and Michelle.. ..is that everyone? I don't even know. We played scategories for a little while, and then decided to go to Cold Stone. {I'm telling you. Obesity is on the verge.} Oh, baby. The drive to Cold Stone was one of the most exciting I've ever had.  7 of us in a 5 person car. hahaha. There were 5 of us in the back seat. We had to establish a 'no touching' rule for Scott. Which he didn't follow. It was a lot of fun though.
They're kind of special...
We then made our way back to Mary's.. luckily we had no encounters with cops. When we got there, we discovered KC waiting for us! And then Berkley and Alex Wright came over and we played catch phrase for a while. hahah. That provided some nice entertainment.
Wolverines.
Sunday:
Was solid. All of these days were solid. But! It was Brad's farewell. Which was why everyone was down. After sacrament we all went back to his house and partook of marshmallow fluff. Pluff. And other delectables. 


*sigh*
I miss all of them already. But! They'll be home soon enough for Thanksgiving (: And then again for Christmas. And guess what?! My days still aren't slowing down at all. Today I went and took Kenzie's pictures. And I'm taking the Truman's this next weekend. It's good, though. So. Here's a few from today.

Ok. I'm going to sleep.
Goodnight.


2 comments:

Rachel Wade Child said...

You are getting to be really great Alex. It's been cool to see your progression with your photography. I love the ones of Kenzie and Mary. LOVE. Looks like you all had a fun weekend! :) Miss ya!

Alexis said...

Thanks Rach (: That means a lot to me.
I wish you would have come down this weekend! We missed you.