Friday, November 12, 2010

Veterans Day.

Every year when veterans day rolls around I normally try to make a card and go visit my brother and grandpa. Jeff doesn't live here right now, so I just had to settle with leaving him a voice mail. Grandpa, on the other hand, I couldn't resist seeing him. So I made him a card and stopped by his house after work.
He's a great man. And I love him incredibly so. He served in the Korean war. I was able to visit the memorial during my senior trip to DC. Here's a few pictures from there.
I am so incredibly thankful for the men and women who have served for our country. With Jeff going back to Iraq in a few short months, it has surfaced many emotions that I thought I had finally buried.  It's nearly impossible to describe the feelings and love you can have for a person once they leave for war. I know that everyone says they're thankful for those men and women, but I hope that they truly mean it. If you know somebody who has served for our country, or even families that have had somebody that has served, I hope that you tell them thank you. The pain, fear, and stress that those service men and women and their families are placed through are on such an intense level.


I'm so thankful for my grandpa, cousin, brother, and all of the other people who have served for our country. It's true: Freedom isn't free. It's nothing that you can place a price on. I hope you all told somebody thank you today for protecting your freedom, and the land you're blessed to live on.




I love you all. And America. Isn't this a great place we live in?


I think so (:



No comments: