Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thanks, Mel.

Life has thrown me many curve balls lately.


And the one that was thrown at last week hit me straight in the heart.


My stress levels are through the roof, and it's been taking all the strength I can gather to not completely lose my mind. Thankfully I am blessed with amazing friends who let me cry on their shoulder, and listen to me talk. All I really need is just somebody to listen. I don't necessarily need advice. Just an outlet for all the thoughts bouncing around in my head. Yesterday after Melissa's brother's wedding, I went back to the house that she's been baby sitting 3 little boys at for the past week. We were talking, and the conversation naturally ended in me venting, and her listening. {Thanks, dear.} After I left and had been home for a while, she texted me a scripture. Mosiah 12:5.


Yea, and I will cause that they shall have burdens lashed upon their backs; and they shall be driven before like a dumb ass.

I'm not sure how serious about this scripture she was, because when I first read it I laughed. But, needless to say, I was able to pull a bit of seriousness from it. I know that these stressful situations that I've been going through lately aren't permanent. I just needed a subtle reminder. I know that everything is going to be ok, and that no matter what the outcome of all of it is, it's what is meant to happen. I know I'm still going to lose control of my emotions. That's a given. I cry when it's least expected, and it happens a few times a week. But I'm working on not letting all of it control my life. Some of the things will, others won't. For now I'm just going to concentrate on being the happiest that I can be. I'm going to try to enjoy and make the most out of the next six months, and then just take it all a day at a time. I know that no matter what, everything will be the way it's supposed to.


So thanks, Mel. I love you (:


You da bestest.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i think that you are a wonderful girl alex. dont let anyone or any situation to get you to sink into depression.

Mary Dawn said...

yeah. thanks mel :) that's a good one.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Just found your blog &I love it!