Wednesday, August 18, 2010

i think.

I think that maybe you left just a little too soon.
And now I'm not so sure what to do with myself. 
I don't know where you stand on the subject.
But I wish I did. 
I've been missing you.
Today it hit hard.. I cried. And now I'm crying again. 
I wish you could come home.
Or at least not have left for a few more days.
Maybe you're gone for good. 
But I certainly hope not.
We could make it work..
At least I think we could.
I hate to say I told you so.
But I did.
I told you it felt like my heart was breaking.
And now it feels that way more than ever.
And you know what?
I kind of feel like I got the bad end of the deal.
I wish you wouldn't have left with just a simple 'bye'
Maybe given it a little more sincerity?
I like to tell myself, it's for the better.
That maybe you were trying to make it easier.
Not leaving me with something to hold on to.
But all the same, it still hurts.
I had a dream last night.
You were there, and we were happy.
But then I woke up, 
and realized the pain had never left.
Just promise me this:
That I'll see you again.
That we'll both be ok.
That it's not just me missing you.


You know what I think?
I think I miss you more than I should.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

This is beautiful. :)

Alexis said...

ha! yeah. My life is one big beautiful mess. (:

Berkley Anne Sumner said...

OH alex :( Love you girl. This is so well wrote though. I seriously felt all your emotion just reading that.