Friday, June 3, 2011

Thanks, Mel.

When life becomes a bit too much for me to handle, I run. Not the strap on my running shoes and hit the gym type of run. More like.. book a flight and escape from St. George and everything that I feel is crashing down on me type of run. The first time it happened was here. Not that I'm complaining. Vacations are much needed. And now that I'm beginning to realize the convenience of having flight benefits from the mama, this might turn into a new habit. I think I'll be alright with it. 

About two weeks ago I had a Skype date with Mel. Before she could even get out a "hello" I believe I started crying and asked if I could come visit. Of course she obliged, confessing that she had missed my humor and good looks. I booked my flights a day or two later. Best decision I've made in a long time. 

I suppose I shall share what we did over the all too fast weekend. I'll probably break it up into two or tres posts, because this one is much too long already.




I took a red eye Friday night and arrived early Saturday morning, where I was greeted by her chunchine face. {Can you believe I flew to New York all by myself? This is the girl who stressed flying out of the STG airport to SLC.. yeah. I know. I surprised myself.} She came giving hugs, baby muffins, and yogurt. Isn't she the greatest? Anyway. We traveled to her home, ate some toast and eggs, and then I went to sleep. I woke up a few hours later and she was swimming with Phoebe and her little friend Danielle. They were having a play date. So I shimmied into my bikinki and joined them.


Later that night we ate dinner with her family {...nanny family. Just so you don't get all confused}. And then the two of us went to cheese cake factory and got some lovely dessert. Then we went to this gigantor movie theater and watched a movie about some guys who got lost in Bangkok with a drug dealing monkey and a crazy asian. {10 points for you if you know which one it is.} We laughed our buns off. Then we went home and slept slash cuddled slash scratched each other's backs. If you know us, then you know we're always scratching each other's backs. It had been missed.
Anywho. That's all I'm gonna say for now. Because this is super long and I doubt anybody read this far. Isn't it depressing I only took like.. 5 pictures the first day? Yeah. I know.

...to be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay beanskies!!!