Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thank you, Emilee Crowder..

..for your undying love of things girly and pretty and oh-so-easy to make. 

I met Emilee through my lovely friend Rachel. Together they have a blog, called WeMake. {You should follow all three of those blogs. They're great.}

Anyway, back to the point of this post. Emilee posted on their craft blog some bows she made, and I immediately fell in love. If you knew Melissa and me in high school, then you know we were constantly making head bands and hair clips and everything in between. I have a plethora of head bands and hair accessories. The last I counted it was at the 60 mark or so.. and it's grown since then. When Emilee posted her how-to on her bows I knew that I had to try it. I kind of took my own spin on what she made, and I must say I'm pretty happy with it. 

The last few months my love for everything lace, girly, and vintage has been growing and growing. I dug through my heaping pile of scraps of material and stumbled across the lace that I inherited from my great grandma Selma when she passed away. Ever since I received it I knew I wanted to do something with it, I just wasn't sure what. I knew that this was the perfect opportunity. 

I took a 15x5 piece of lace and ironed it down and then sewed the two short ends together. {I know, I know. I used blue thread. I didn't feel like rethreading the machine.}
I turned it inside out, and centered the seam so it would be on the back side.
 Next I pinched it to look the way I liked, and then ran two stitches through it with a needle and thread.
 After I got it stitched I cut out another piece of lace, and wrapped it around it, hot gluing in the back.
Cut out a piece of felt, glue on a clip, and that's it! 
Super easy.

I know it's a bit large. But I like big hair accessories. 
 Bow overload? Yeah. Told you I love them.

So, thanks again Emilee. You're the greatest.


5 comments:

Emilee said...

this is seriously the cutest. and you are seriously the best. love them! i'm going to make some from this pattern :)

Alex Obering said...

you're adorable!

Rachel Wade Child said...

LOVE IT! do a guest blog post on wemake!

Anonymous said...

ohhhh! me likey!! love you gurrrl.

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

That shirt is adorable!