Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sometimes I go to Provo.

Last Monday I decided I was going to go to Provo. I had Schnid book me a flight, and I called up my good friend Rachy and told her I was coming to stay with her. What a splendid decision it was.

I left STG on Friday at 1:15, and arrived in SLC at 2:15. Rach came and picked me up at the airport, and we ventured on back down to Provo. We may or may not have gotten lost in the ghetto of Salt Lake. We were looking for a gas station, and were becoming very, very lost in the process. It was only when we were sitting at a stop light frantically trying to peer down the road to see if we could spot a gas station that we realized we were stopped right next to one. Ha! It gave us a great laugh. 

So after that we took her brother's car back to him and then went back to her dorm room. Then her sister and her brother's fiance and two of their friends came and got us, and we went wedding dress shopping! Well. They went wedding dress shopping. I sat and gawked, and oohd and aahd. It was splendid. 

After that we went to dinner, where I saw Alex Halladay. The look on her face was that of pure shock. ha! It was fun seeing her. .... and I think my brain might be wrong, because it seems so long ago, but after that we went back to her room.. I think. I don't really remember what we did in between there. But! That night we found Fame on netflix, and snuggled up in her bed.. and promptly fell asleep. ha! We lasted I think 30 minutes into it, then we both crashed. When Rach turned off the movie, I got up and went over to my bed. I was laying there when all of a sudden she sits up.
"Alex?"
"..yeah?"
"Are you ok?"
"..yeah?"
"Ok."
yep. then she laid back down and went to sleep. Pretty sure she was sleep talking. ha!

So Saturday morning we had planned to wake up at 9:30. My body is permanently stuck in school mode, so I automatically woke up at 7:00. I didn't want to wake up Rach, so I just laid in bed until her alarm went off. Turns out, she had woken up at 7:00 too, and was thinking the same thing. ha! So great. I got ready, and she went and played some basketball with some of her friends. {ps.. I majorly failed at taking pictures this weekend. ha!} After her basketball game, she came back and got ready, and then went to a banquet with her family where her grandpa was being honored for being a BYU alumni, or something of the sort. I went up to Michelle's room, and hung out with her for a bit. Then Michelle left with her friends to stand in line at the basketball game. So I hung out with Jess for a little bit. Then Rachel returned and retrieved me, and we continued on our way to the basketball game! 

yay! First picture that I took! ha! I was secretly rooting for the U. ..I would have out loud, but I didn't want to be murdered.

















{Slightly awkward picture approaching..}

After the game Rach and her friends dressed up to go to Disco night at some skating rink in Orem. I wasn't feeling very well, so I stayed home and studied. Then Michelle got home from her service project, so we hung out and ate fruit loops and sour patch strawberries. 


Rach and I found these nice little writings. Underneath the makeout spot one, the bush looks like it's been sat in. I took a pic, but you can't really tell.
After all that good stuff, Rachel came back, and we snuggled up again and tried to finish our movie. Once again, got about 30 minute into it, fell asleep. ha! We tried.

Today we woke up. Went to church. Ate lunch. Went back to her room and finally ..almost.. finished Fame. I think we were both pretty proud of ourselves. ha! We got so close. There were only 20 minutes left. Michelle came down, and we chatted for a bit. Then Rachel's parents came, and I drove home with them! It was a splendid weekend. I enjoyed it. It was definitely what I needed. 

Thanks again, Rach. 

3 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

My little sister was at that game! :) Go JIMMER! haha

Rachel Wade Child said...

Thanks for coming and visiting me!!! I hope you had a good time. Loves. loves loves. XOXOXOXOXOX
-me

Mary Dawn said...

haha. sad that you were like.. three doors down and didn't even tell me you were there! i would've liked to say hi and see ya! but i'm glad you had fun!