Thursday, December 30, 2010

Suggestion.

I have a suggestion for you.
    A book.

It's called Matched, by Ally Condie. And it is great. I was meandering through Barnes and Noble last week when I stumbled upon it. I was looking for a new read, but I wanted something from a different author than what I normally read. The poster sitting next to this book said "Did you like The Hunger Games? Then you're sure to liked Matched." Or something to that effect. So I thought to myself "Hm. Yes, I did like The Hunger Games. I guess I'll give it a shot."

Holy cow. This book, for me, is like a mix between Anthem by Ayn Rand, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and The Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. {All of which are great books, if you haven't read them. When I finished, I was slightly disappointed, because it just kind of ended. So I did some googling, and discovered that the sequel, Crossed, is coming out Fall 2011.. I can't wait! Not only is there a sequel, but it's going to be a trilogy. And Disney is looking into film rights. bah. I am so excited. Here's the offcial website for the book. And down there is a video from the website that kind of explains the book. But very briefly. To give you a better idea, I'll type the little part that's in the front cover:

Cassia has always trusted their choices. It's hardly an price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears on the matching screen, Cassia know with complete certainty that he is the one... until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. Now Cassia is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path no one else has ever dared follow - between perfection and passion.

If you can't tell I really love this book. And guess what! The author is LDS! She lives just outside of SLC. Ok. I'm gonna stop talking. Go get this book and read it. Then let me know what you think (:


No comments: