Thursday, December 16, 2010

7:00

I often have my moments where I can't wake up in the morning. Last night as my mom was getting ready for bed, I asked her if she'd call me {she leaves early in the morning for work} at 7:00 to make sure I was up, because I had a final at 8:00 this morning. Maddi would be at my house to pick me up around 7:40, and we would be on our merry way. Momski told me she'd make sure I was up, and I told her thank you. Later as I was snuggling into bed, I was going over how today would go.


11:00PM: go to sleep
6:50AM: alarm clock blares. tell it to be quiet.
7:00AM: mama calls. I'm up and out of bed.
7:00-7:30AM: attempt to look decent and eat breakfast
7:40AM: leave with Maddi for the college. ace test. enjoy life.


Seems simple, right? Wrong.


This is how it really went: {the parenthesis are what I was thinking.}
12:00PM: go to sleep
6:15AM: mom comes into my room and tells me that it's 6:30.
   {First of all, why are you telling me this? Second, I can read both my phone and alarm clock, and they both say it's 6:15. You're not tricking me very well.}
6:20AM: dad comes in and asks me what I need to make frosting for tonight. {Why the heck are you asking me about frosting? I'm no where near coherent enough to have a conversation, let alone think of what I need for a recipe.}
6:25AM: mom comes back and asks if I'm awake. I mumble.
    {apparently not. Because I'm still dead in my bed.}
6:35AM: I almost fell asleep. Almost. But then dad comes in and flips on my lights. Bad idea. He was not happy about the twelve trillion clothing articles and papers strewn all over the place. He told me to wake up and clean my room.
     {leeeaaavvvvvee meeeeee alooooooooooooone.}
6:37AM: mom comes back in and tells me to get up.
     {no.}
6:40AM: dad is back. asking me about frosting again.
     {seriously?!?! I don't care about frosting! I'm trying to sleep!}
6:43AM: He's back again. This time flipping my lights on and off. My eyes were attempting to adjust to the newly added light show, and my brain was trying to force its way through the fog of sleep to think of something to say to make him leave. But all I came up with was "You are SO ANNOYING!!!!"
6:48AM: This time he didn't even say anything. He just came in and turned my lights on. I was pretty much pissed, and told him this was not how I liked waking up. I got up and slammed my bathroom door and laid on the countertop, halfway in the sink, head on a chegg box trying to soak up my last ten minutes of rest.
6:50AM: alarm clock goes off. This was when I should have been peacefully awaking from my lovely nights rest.




*sigh* 7:00 was all I asked for.

              

1 comment:

abbey rose. said...

you are so good at blogging.
*jealousy*
i love you, al.