Sunday, September 11, 2011

look where we are.

Like everyone else, I have memories of this day ten years ago. I remember not fully understanding it, but still knowing that it was history in the making. The one thing that I did understand was that my brother would be going to war. For a child, that's scary. I was 9 the first time he deployed. He never made it overseas. They brought them back home, and even though I was so young, I was so relieved. 


The second time he was deployed I was 12. I remember I was sitting in my room, looking out my front window when my mom came in and told me. I had the worst feeling in my stomach, and I immediately started crying. He served in Kuwait for 18 months, and the day he returned home was one of the happiest of my life. 


And now he's gone again. He's been gone for just over three months. It's still so scary not knowing what will happen, but now that I'm older I think I have a better idea of it all. I love him so much, and am so grateful for everything he has done for this country. He, as well as so many other service men and women, has put his life on hold to serve our country.


My heart goes out to the families who lost loved ones ten years ago, and to all of the service families who sacrifice so much for our freedom. It's not easy having a loved one gone, and not knowing if you'll ever see or hear from them again, but it makes you so proud of all they're doing. I'm proud to be an American, and I love this country. 


Thanks, Jeff. I love you so so much! And I can't wait to see you!

No comments: